Elizabeth Warren urging that we get realistic about expecations for loan modifications:
* 1 in 4 homeowners is underwater on their mortgages.
* For every 1 homeowner who got a loan modification last year, 10 lost their homes.
* We will not be able to save every homeowner; we are through the sub-prime we are into the prime mortgages now
* Lenders need to take cents on the dollar to get people into workable loans
* Even those who are able to modify their mortgages, 60% have a bunch of other consumer loans to juggle.
Watch the clip on Bloomberg here.
Cory’s Chart Corner
“An explosive critique about the investment industry: provocative and well worth reading.”
“Juggling Dynamite, #1 pick for best new books about money and markets.”
“Park manages to not only explain finances well for the average person, she also manages to entertain and educate, while cutting through the clutter of information she knows every investor faces.”