It is common for status quo experts and insiders to dramatically underestimate the viability and pace of disruptive technology. Good to realize.
Tony Seba’s Clean Disruption Keynote presentation at the Swedbank Nordic Energy Summit in Oslo, Norway, March 17th, 2016. The keynote, based on the book ‘Clean Disruption of Energy and Transportation’ asserts that four technology categories will disrupt energy and transportation by:
1- Batteries / Energy Storage, 2- Electric Vehicles, 3-Self-Driving Vehicles, 4- Solar Energy. Here is a direct video link. Also read: The math shows shared, autonomous, solar-powered vehicles are inevitable.
The outcome of the technology driven Clean Disruption is that by 2030:
• All new vehicles will be electric.
• All new vehicles will be autonomous (self-driving).
• Oil will be obsolete
• Coal, natural gas and nuclear will be obsolete
• 80+ per cent of parking spaces will be obsolete.
• Individual car ownership will be obsolete.
• All new energy will be provided by solar (and wind)